5.15.2007

Oil and Water II

Back when I had posted about a build-up of force in the Persian Gulf to intimidate Iran, but had warned about the fact that they had Silkworms missiles that I believe they got from China (Oil and Water).
I then read this with interest
CENTCOM Commander’s Veto Sank Bush’s Threatening Gulf Buildup
by Gareth Porter
Admiral William Fallon...vowed privately there would be no war against Iran as long as he was chief of CENTCOM, according to sources with access to his thinking. (Article)
If true, it would represent a pretty severe break between armed forces and the administration. I'd like to see more sources for confirmation, but I really wouldn't be surprised. There's a big gulf between talking shit and real fighting and I think the military is getting tired of them running big mouths while they do the fighting.

No comments: