3.15.2007

Further evidence...

From Sex Workers to Restaurant Workers, the Global Slave Trade Is Growing
By David Batsone, Sojourners. Posted March 15, 2007

Twenty-seven million slaves exist in our world today. Girls and boys, women and men of all ages are forced to toil in the rug loom sheds of Nepal, sell their bodies in the brothels of Rome, break rocks in the quarries of Pakistan, and fight wars in the jungles of Africa. (More at Alternet: Rights and Liberties...)
If anyone has any leads for a Private Investigator/Research/Intel Analyst position to help stem human rights violations, particularly the slave trade, let me know.

3 comments:

Middle Child said...

I wish I did. I wish I did. I live in the knowledge that I couls have been born at any time in history, in any place and in any condition. Therefore I am no more worthy to be fed and housed and cared for than any one other on this planet.

Due to my husband's long tme disability we have lived "outside" the norm and understand too well how you can be "blanked" out by those who have health and comfort.

Health is all though.

But the thousands and millions who live on this great blue planet which appears so benign, who never see the stars, never have a full tummy, never have the freedom to choose their life, nor the autonomy to do so...I wish I did know what to do or how to help them...sadly like most apart from spreading information, am often housebound and hard put to keeping my husband alive.

I wish I did know how to help because I do really feel for the people you have mentioned.

As a mother, all the children of earth should be as my own children are and have been.

Frederick said...

It always leaves me wondering how well capitolism would function without slavery...

Anonymous said...

it probably wouldn't ...